August 1, 2016 Update: Users downloading the Windows 10 Anniversary Update may notice that the update includes support for a handful of new extensions for the Edge browser. Please be advised that an open framework for extensions support is not yet available to the vast majority of extensions developers, including RoboForm. Supporting this closed group of extensions was done intentionally by Microsoft. Per their developer website FAQ: “The list of extensions is locked”.
Edge to Internet Explorer Workaround
RoboForm works well in Windows 10 supporting the same set of browsers as in Windows 7/8.1. Windows 10 has a new Edge browser which was designed to take the place of Internet Explorer (IE). It does not allow extensions to be used within the browser, which affects RoboForm integration. This is not in our control and we hope they will modify this philosophy soon.
If you would like to attach RoboForm to Internet Explorer on Windows 10, please use the following instructions.
- First please ensure you have the latest RoboForm downloaded and installed fromwww.roboform.com/download.
- Open your Edge browser; its icon looks similar to the previous icon of IE except it no longer has the yellow halo:
- In the “Search or enter web address”, please enter the website or search query you wish to proceed with (such as www.google.com).
- Once the website appears on your screen, select the three dotted icon in the upper right hand corner of Edge: Select “Open in Internet Explorer”.
- This will open the legacy supported version of IE where RoboForm will continue to work properly.
- Right-click the IE icon that has just appeared in the Taskbar and select the command to Pin it to the Taskbar. Thus you will have a quick access to IE from Taskbar.
If you want Internet Explorer to be your default browser, please do the following:
- Right-click the Start button, select Control Panel.
- Click “Default Programs” there. A window appears.
- Click “Set your default programs” link there. Find “Internet Explorer” in the left-pane list and click “Set this program as default” link.
If the above is too complicated, we recommend using Firefox or Google Chrome until Edge allows extensions to be added.